Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Optional variables in 'Export Report' and 'Report Title'

In the IDSMC, when you are looking at the "Schedule Report" screen, you are prompted to enter a REPORT TITLE with an option to provide a path to EXPORT the report to an HTML file. What are the allowable variables for naming the title and defining the file name of the exported data?

EXAMPLE:

"%mm%dd%yy - Report.html"

I want to setup a daily schedule but have the exported report name be dynamic, so that it doesn't overight prior versions of the same report. I'd like the date included in the exported file name, more than anything else, in a format I chose. I'd also like to be able to define a date variable in the report title.

Possible? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris Schear

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Optional variables in 'Export Report' and 'Report Title'

The Report Scheduler does not support any variables to define the Report Title or Report file name.

The generated report will be exported to the same file always and I don't think there is a way to do automatic backup of previous files using IDS MC.The automatic backup can be implemented by writing a script, which will rename or move the generated files and then schedule the script to run at appropriate time using OS scheduler.

Re: Optional variables in 'Export Report' and 'Report Title'

Seconded!

Views
Helpful
Replies