Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSPF authentication

I am having trouble getting a PIX 515E to form an adjacency with a MSFC2 router using md5 authentication. MSFC2 goes from exstart to down complaining about too many dbd retransmissions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: OSPF authentication

OK, thanks for checking on this. Looks like CSCeb77142 to me. Go ahead and open a TAC case and request that the engineer post the latest 6.3(3) interim release for you. Give that a shot and let me know.

Scott

5 REPLIES

Hi,

Are you able to form the adj between the PIX and the MSFC is you use clear text or no authentication? I recall a bug in the MSFC code relating to this. Please confirm and I will dig it up for you.

Scott

Yeah, works great with no authentication.

OK, thanks for checking on this. Looks like CSCeb77142 to me. Go ahead and open a TAC case and request that the engineer post the latest 6.3(3) interim release for you. Give that a shot and let me know.

Scott

Thanks for the help. I opened a TAC case and will let you know how it works out. I had seen that bug but had not delved down to a fragmented packet level as of yet.

Scott,

We loaded the interim code 6.3.3(100) and now no problem authenticating with the routers. Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content