Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Pacbell DSL & PIX 501- what a mess!!

I have 5 static address w/ Pacbell DSL. I am an experienced PIX user but I think that Im loosing my mind here with some issues I am having.

PIX 501 is Version 6.1(2).

Overview: I have 5 users on the inside interface of the PIX. They just surf the web / email etc..

- Issues

I am seeing these users timing out all the time and when they leave the computer for a certian amount of time they can not connect - they can ping the inside interface of the PIX though. I can not ping the gateway either.

Now 1 step back, when they could access the net from there box I could ping the gateway address.

I have nat 1 going back to the inside interface for all to use. I have global 1 outside using two different IPs

Everyting is set right.. I checked the timeout w/ xlate, arp. conn they are at the default.

I am beg. to think ths dam ver of IOS is buggy.. Any one have anoth ideas..?

• Other Security Subjects
1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Pacbell DSL & PIX 501- what a mess!!

Well if you have only two addresses in your global pool shared by five users that will present a problem. You might consider just using one IP address (enabling PAT) and see if connectivity improves.

Views
Helpful
Replies