cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Password recovery

bndivo
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PIX 501 whose password I want to reset.Problem is I follow the TAC authored steps to achieve this and somehow my connection to the server where the Password file resides is not succeeding.

Question is how do I go about preparations for my TFTP server and on what system type should the tftp service be?PC,Router,PIX ...?

Remember there are no settings to preserve in the PIX and it is a floppyless one.

3 Replies 3

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

Use cisco's tftp server for pcs, or one on a unix machine (most have them installed by default). There is no tftp server on the PIX.

Elaborate on this please.Do I download any software or something?Since my ftp server doesn't seem to communicate with the PIX.Any other means of doing this task without involving another system?

You have to TFTP for the password recovery on a PIX. Solar Winds has a good TFTP Server that will run on Windows systems that you can download for free at:

http://www.solarwinds.net

I have used this TFTP with PIXes and it works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: