cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PC Anywhere Port mapping

puas
Level 1
Level 1

I'm a novice @ this, so i apologize if I'm not up on the technical lingo.

I have a peer-to-peer network, with 15 pc's running windows 98. I had a cisco 678 router installed (connected to 2 netgear hubs)with my DSL service yesterday and I've managed to set the ip's, masks, dns,and gateways on all pc's.

The problem I have is this:

I was assigned 5 static ip's,(which I will be using to connect offsite pc's to onsite pc's via Symantec's pcanywhere). I spoke with a tech yesterday, and she had me set up two gateways and subnetMasks....the internal 10.1.x.x, 255.255.x.x and the external 168.y.y.y, 255.y.y.y .

She then instructed me to set the 5 pc's that are connecting to offsite pc's (& vice versa) to the external ip's and Subnet and the remainder of the pc's set to the internal ip's and subnet.

the problem now is that I have 2 subnet's and I cannot log on to the internal pc's without changing my ip,subnet,etc.. everytime i need to troubleshoot.

Do I now have 2 networks?

My previous DSL service provider set up my Flowpoint router with port mapping....pointing an internal ip to an external and worked perfectly.

I've read up on some tech notes and found some info on NAT and am Assuming this is the way to go?

the Port# and protocol for pcanywhere is 5631/TCP or UDP.

How do i setup the port mapping?

raul

1 Reply 1

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

The topic of this forum is Virtual Private Networks however there are a number of professionals online who may be able to assist you. We are always considering additional forums for such topics and I will make a note of your post.

If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center http://www.cisco.com/tac or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.