Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PC upgrade to Win2k causes vpn client problems

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to Win2k from Win98 on my pc. I have version 3.5 of the Cisco Systems VPN client. Everything worked fine on 98. However, now, I cannot get an ftp session to work properly, nor can I connect with some proprietary third party software. I can connect telnet to the unix box behind the firewall, but I need to transfer files also.

The ftp session (windows ftp) asks for a login and password, but if I try to do anything else, such as a ls, it comes back with an "Can't build data connection", same if I try to transfer a file.

The other program works on port 10001. It will not connect at all now, also did before.

I cannot ping my pc's vpn assigned ip address from the unix box in a telnet session, nor the static address given by my provider (dsl). Funny thing, with 98, I noticed that the network IP settings showed my vpn ip address (172.xxx.xxx.xxx) whenever I was logged into the vpn. Now it does not, just my provider assigned address (65.xxx.xxx.xxx).

Any ideas? My network admin is stumped.

Thanks much!

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: PC upgrade to Win2k causes vpn client problems

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content