Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PDM and windows2003 server

i am new to this CO and i am tring to

access the the pix506, it has no enable

password nor telnet access.

when using IE to access PDM i recieve a

pubisher error pix.domain.com access denied

2 REPLIES

Re: PDM and windows2003 server

Is the PIX506 brand new (out of the box)? If this is new, the default password for telnet is 'cisco'. There's no enable password set, but try 'cisco' as well if it still need one.

For PDM access, no username/password is required, or just enter 'cisco' in the password field. Leave the username empty.

But if you can access it via CLI, try:

1. Check current crypto key & associated domain name using "sh ca mypubkey rsa".

2. Refresh the domain and its crypto key. Remove whatever existing hostname.domain, and key-in new or re-enter the same value.

3. Clear the crypto key using "ca zeroize rsa" command. Re-generate new key using "ca generate rsa key 1024". The 1024 is a modulus value.

4. Check the new key using the "sh ca mypubkey rsa". You can now access the box using ssh. But you need to have user ID to access it.

5. Create user ID/account using "username password privilege 15".

The above is only among other things you can do to recover access.

Rgds,

AK

Cisco Employee

Re: PDM and windows2003 server

Hi,

Besides checking the information posted above, I will definetely check the Java version your computer is running as PDM 3.0(1) , 3.0(2), 4.0(1), and 4.1(1) are incompatible with Java Plug-in versions 1.4.2_08 and 1.5.0_02 or later

Please check the article:

ield Notice: FN - 62051 - PIX, FWSM and IPS Device Managers Incompatability with Java Plug-In Versions 1.4.2_08 and 1.5.0_02

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/vpndevc/ps4077/products_field_notice09186a008046c805.shtml

Hope it helps,

Franco Zamora

Views
Helpful
Replies