cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pdm anomaly

steven.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

I have been configuring a pix525 using the command line and wrote three lines of translations that listed three different outside addresses against one inside address. The lines of code were accepted by the pix and they actually work too!

When I viewed the configuration with a pdm 301, the translation tab gave me a visual representation that was wrong.

Instead of three different lines with a different outside address to the inside address it showed me the same outside address to the inside address three times.

The configuration works, the PDM view doesn't!

Does anyone have any idea why?

5 Replies 5

nkhawaja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

could be a cosmetic bug!

just a thought!

Thanks

Nadeem

"a cosmetic bug!",

The PDM is meant to be, or so I thought, an easy to use configuration tool. If the display represents what you configure wrong, you have no confidence in the tool.

I am sorry if this looks like I am ranting about it, but I was only asking if it is a bug that needs fixing or am I misinterpreting the display.

Regards,

Steve.

I think it is preferable (well... in my thoughts) to use the CLI when debugging the pix.

Yep! I'm old and gray.

Okay, assuming it is a bug, (I am not sure though) , you would need to open up a case with Cisco TAC. to get it fixed.

Thanks

Nadeem

l.mourits
Level 5
Level 5

Sounds to me like a bug indeed. But if you asked me I would say that the bug does in fact not exist within PDM, but exists whitin PIX-OS version which should not allow you to configure the three static in the first place. Sounds fair to me that PDM does not view this correctly then.

What bothers me is your statement that it works too. Are you absolutely sure on this? If so, I expect that it will not work anymore after a reboot. MAybe something to try?

But still an interesting case. Maybe some CCIE from Cisco who can shine a light here?

Kind regards,

Leo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: