Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PDM Error - Lost Connection to Firewall

Hi,

Does anyone encountered this before.

- PDM cannot display graph but able to view, edit and add configuration.

Background:

- PIX 525 Firewall with PIX 6.3(3) and PDM 3.0(1)

- No translation for the firewall between all interfaces. (it is used as Internal Firewall)

- Browser used for accessing PDM: IE 6 with built-in Java support (ver 5) and later (after the problem) with seperate Java Runtime Environment; Java version 1.4.2.

Problem Description:

- Before putting into production, the firewall was configured using PDM without any problem.

- After putting into production, there was no error on the firewall and PDM.

- After fine tuning was completed, the firewall was configured to accept SNMP poll from SNMP server.

- The firewall was runnig fine but after about 2 hours, the PDM gives the error on its graph (at HOME page) "lost connection to firewall". The monitoring graphs were also unavailable for viewing.

- The firewall is still running fine without any problem eventhough PDM behaves as mentioned.

- There is no performance issue and the firewall is still be able to access via telnet console and PDM (except viewing).

- Rebooting the firewall was not done prior to this as it is already in production. It will only be done as the last resort but the cause of this should be known to avoid same problem in the future.

Appreciate if anyone could help solving this issue.

Regards.

2 REPLIES

Re: PDM Error - Lost Connection to Firewall

I guess this problem is very rare...

Re: PDM Error - Lost Connection to Firewall

I have the similar problem with exactly same configuration - after a while it doesn't show any graph on HOME page. But loading the PDM on another computer (XP Professional also) always produce the correct graph. So I thought that I have too many loaded management ptograms on my computer, but now....I don't think so anymore

By the way, I did reboot my PIX-525 ( I can to it at 6:00 AM) but it didn't solve the problem..

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content