Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Peformance Difference between ASA-5512x & ASA-5515x

Good Day,

I have been asked to evaluate performance differences between 2 models of Cisco NG Firewall.

Specifically the 5512x & 5515x.

I have been doing some research,, but want some real world opinions.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/models-comparison.html

The organization requesting a report has a 50 user network,, They will never hit the hardware maximums.

I am wondering from a performance & feature perspective if there is any difference,, <if we do not expect to come close to the VPN client or simutaneous connections or thru-put etc>

The 5512 is a less expensive piece of hardware. Are there reasons to consider the 5515x that I have not considered ?

Thank you in advance.

Everyone's tags (2)
1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

If you ever anticipate using

If you ever anticipate using them in an HA pair (or run in multiple context mode) you'd need to add the Security Plus license onto the 5512-X.

Adding that license makes it almost the same price as the 5515-X (which does not require the separate license).

Views
Helpful
Replies