cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

performance issues with firewalls in failover mode.

nizami.j
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

Failover setup with PIX OS 6.0.1.

Observing a lot of CRCs error on a partcular interface of firewall. this is a sec f/w. Due to this the performance of network is very bad. speed settings at firewall end and switch are set to 100MBPS FD and no CRC observed on switch side.

Also Facing another strange problem.

two firewalls conncted in failover mode. Apparently secondary firewall is not allowing primary to become active. As soon as primary is active sec takes over. sh failover command on sec show that one inside interface of primary is in testing mode. However if console is connected on primary it shows the particular i/f is normal and up.

Since the primary is not getting active and CRC errors on secondary things are in bad shape.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

thanks in advance.

Javed

1 Reply 1

lwierenga
Level 1
Level 1

CRC errors are mostly line speed/duplexing issues, but can also be a cabling problem, or cable length as well. The only way to rule out the interface is by doing a loopback test on that interface.

I have ran into this problem where the assumed primary will not become the active primary. This was due to the failover cable turned around, once I put the primary end of the cable into the primary firewall it came up fine. Reply with any added information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: