Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ping from one interface with 10.0.x.x addresses to others

Hello,

I have a problem with machines on other interfaces with routable addresses being able to see machines on another interface with n0n-routable addresses. They cna't ping the non routable ones until the non-routable ones ping them and then they can ping 10.0.0.x addresses. I have them all using the same address when they travers the interfaces. Is there anything i can do accept force the clients to ping before doing anything? I am trying to move machines to a new domain and it doesn't work until they ping the AD domain controller. It is a Pix 515e unrestricted running 6.2(2)

Thanks

Jim Kiddoo

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: ping from one interface with 10.0.x.x addresses to others

There are a variety of ways to create translation slots through a pix, which is what allows traffic to pass from less to more secure interfaces. nat 0 can do this, but can cause the behaviour you see, as those slots created as a result are only temporary. The static command will create permanent slots for less secure interfaces to talke to higher security ones (so long as access-lists or conduit commands permit access though).

You probably need to add a static command for the higher security interface ip addresses.

Re: ping from one interface with 10.0.x.x addresses to others

Thanks,

Makes sense, do i have to create them for each device or can i do it for the interface.

Sincerely

Jim Kiddoo

Views
Helpful
Replies