Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PIX - 3 Interfaces and Two ISP (One of them Cablemodem w/DHCP)

Hi,

I have a PIX 515E with 3 interfaces, I need to use one interface for the inside network and the other two interfaces with two different ISP one of this ISP has a static public ip address and the other has a static public ip address asigned via a reservation in a dhcp scope.

I like to configure the pix so if one of the links goes down the other will serve the network.

I can't use BGP for many reasons, so the only resource I have is the PIX and your help.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY

Re: PIX - 3 Interfaces and Two ISP (One of them Cablemodem w/DHC

Unfortunately, there is no way to accomplish this without manual intervention. The problem in this case is that you cannot create 2 default routes which is what you would need in this case (with different metrics). With 6.3, the PIX now supports OSPF. You could setup 2 routers outside one interface on the PIX to feed in 2 default routes, one with a higher metric that the other. However, in your case one of the ISP conns looks like a cablemodem which probably does not support OSPF. Hope this helps some.

Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies