Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PIX 501 10 User License

Does anybody know if the PIX 501 10 User license will restrict how many users can traverse a site to site VPN that terminates at the PIX?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: PIX 501 10 User License

Yes, it does, I've run into an issue with it myself in the past. Per the product page at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_data_sheet09186a0080091b18.html

it says "The Cisco PIX 501 10-user license supports up to 10 concurrent source IP addresses from your internal network to traverse through the Cisco PIX 501."

In my case what happened was that we had a site-to-site VPN established with a small office that added a few more employees, everything was fine until the 11th IP address attempted to connect to a resource on the other side of the IPSec tunnel. We resolved the issue by upgrading to a 50 user license.

2 REPLIES

Yes, it does, I've run into an issue with it myself in the past. Per the product page at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_data_sheet09186a0080091b18.html

it says "The Cisco PIX 501 10-user license supports up to 10 concurrent source IP addresses from your internal network to traverse through the Cisco PIX 501."

In my case what happened was that we had a site-to-site VPN established with a small office that added a few more employees, everything was fine until the 11th IP address attempted to connect to a resource on the other side of the IPSec tunnel. We resolved the issue by upgrading to a 50 user license.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content