Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PIX 501 6.1(4) upgrade

Hi there. Is there anyway to get a hold of newer software than the 6.1 with my normal private lowlevel account here? Also i'd like the newer version of PDm, as i am running the 1.1 version

Thax

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: PIX 501 6.1(4) upgrade

The Pix 501 won't run anything above 6.x software even if you did have a valid contract with Cisco.

Hope this helps.

So if i understand you correct, i should be able to upgrade to v 6.2 or higher, but am not able to because i don't have a contract with cisco.

Is that correct?

Anyway, thanx for the very wuick reply

Silver

Yes, you need a Cisco contract and your PIX 501 requires a minimum of 8 MB Flash and 16 MB RAM to upgrade to 6.2 or higher.

Hope that helps.

Thanx, you have helped a lot.

Wonder if i could bother you just a bit more :-)

How do i make a access-list, hint, opening ouside ports to access internal IP addresses and ports? I have a server running, and need to open some ports for it. I got the rest working, so now i can access internet via PIX. My old router is almost dead:-) And i only want to use the PIX 501 as a router.

Heeeyyy, need to highlite my problem a bit.

A have read a lot of articles here on the forum, but i think i am to dumb :-)

Could you please type an example of how to open the port 10000 from ip 192.168.2.105 to 192.168.1.2 from the outside to inside. With everything involved, the examples i found missed some parameters, and i could not get it to work.

Youre the man.

Kind regards, Franz

Views
Helpful
Replies