Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PIX 501 and MSN Messenger / Netmeeting

Hi All,

Could you tell me how to configure PIX 501 to make vioce and video conversation via MSN Messenger and Netmeeting?

Thanks in advance

• Other Security Subjects
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: PIX 501 and MSN Messenger / Netmeeting

First off, upgrade to 6.2(2), there's a lot of issues with H323 and earlier code versions. Even then though, it still may not work, since the PIX doesn't support PAT and H323 versions 3 and 4 until 6.3 code. It should work if you can assign a static one-to-one address translation for the inside PC that you're using, but if you only have one IP address, then there's not a whole lot you can do if it doesn't work after upgrading.

You can also try turning off the H323 fixup's within the PIX, sometimes they cause more harm than good.

Re: PIX 501 and MSN Messenger / Netmeeting

I have the same problem with the MSN messenger. I have 6.1(2) version of the PIX firewall. If I can turn off the H323 fixup and ill have a static one to one translation plus allowing access-list to that public address, can this really make me use of the voice and video? Currently i can only use the messaging feature of the messenger using port 1863. What ports do I need to open for the voice and video? Maybe you can post a sample config. Tnx in advance.

Views
Helpful
Replies