cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 501 and Nortel VPN

slcdabomb
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco Pix 501 running 6.3.3 using PAT. I have a Laptop that has the nortel vpn client on it and it can connect fine to the vpn server. My lan is 10.0.0.X with a mask of 255.255.255.0 When I go wireless with the laptop it will not work. The wireless is a simple linksys wireless router and according to linksys it is setup ok. The IPs are 192.168.0.X mask of 255.255.255.0 Any Ideas?

6 Replies 6

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

if i read ur post properly your laptop sits behind your PIX and getting patted accordingly.

using the pat ip you are getting logged onto the VPN server with which your laptop establishes the IPSEC connectivity.

and u hve mentioned the lan block differs with the wireless connection,do clarify whether you have enable this block to be patted in your pix so that it can get out the outside world and establish the connectivity to the vpn server.

regds

Thats correct the laptop plugged either directrly into one of the pix ports or into a hub plugged into the pix works fine connecting to the vpn server with ipsec. I do not have any reason to block this if I may have by accident. However when I put that same laptop on the wireless I can not connect to the same vpn server as if I was plugged into the pix.

hi

did u chek up the logs in the vpn server ? if yes wht kinda error msg ur getting in it ? that will also provide a kinda clue to find out wht exactly going wrong.

And again what kinda error ur getting in your laptop once you put it on wireless?

do revert whether you are able to reach the vpn server public ip from your laptop before and after connecting to the WLAN the same you can check out with normal ping if its allowed in ur pix ..

regds

I am not in control of the von server. However when we called there helpdesk they informed us that we are not getting to the server at all. I am not able to ping the vpn server from either the wireless side or on the lan, but I am able to ping other servers on the internet.

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

do pix and linksys share the same internet or not? if not, the server side may have inbound access rule permitting the pix-internet not the linksys-internet.

also when you connected from 10.0.0.0, what's the assigned ip from the server? it may overlap with the wlan 192.168.0.0. if so, you need to modify the wlan address scheme.

Both the linksys and the pix share the same internet. The linksys is plugged into one of the ports on the pix to go outbound through Roadrunner. The Ip when connected to the 10.0.0.0 is dhcp around 10.0.0.110.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: