cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pix 501 console access help

bhgewilson
Level 1
Level 1

have taken over support for a network that has a Cisco pix 501. I am trying to either recover the password or reset the firewall. I went through a password recovery document http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/34.shtml however I can't get into the console. I have tried the break or esc command while booting but it never stops. I can see it booting up but it never does get anywhere. Once the firewall gets completely booted up it just sits at pixfirewall> and stares at me. I can't input anything here. No matter if I press break or esc it takes me here. Any suggestions before I have to run over this with a bus.

Brad

4 Replies 4

varakantam
Level 1
Level 1

Brad,

It could be an issues due to the terminal application you are using. Tyr using terra term and use the "Break" option under menu or use ALT+b combination. You should enter the break sequence as soon as the box boots up.

I have tried that also. I like terra term but it didn't work either. I thought maybe it was an issue with the keyboard but I used the on screen keyboard as well and I still can't break. PLEASE HELP.

service
Level 1
Level 1

Do not Press ESC when you see the following

CISCO SYSTEMS PIX-501

Embedded BIOS Version 4.3.200 07/31/01 15:58:22.08

Compiled by morlee

16 MB RAM

When the following Screen loads then Press ESC

Good Luck

PCI Device Table.

Bus Dev Func VendID DevID Class Irq

00 00 00 1022 3000 Host Bridge

00 11 00 8086 1209 Ethernet 9

00 12 00 8086 1209 Ethernet 10

Actually I hit escape and break when it asks me to do this. I can't seem to input any data into the device. What are you telling me with the above link.

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card