cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 501 Firewall

gwnoyes
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to get through my PIX 501 from the outside to an FTP server on the inside. I believe that I am using the conduit command correctly and I also believe I have used the access-lists correctly. No matter what I use it will not work. I think I may be setting up the Static command wrong, but I'm not sure. I'm not sure what the Global IP is suppose to be. Can the Global IP be the inside interface ip address? Is there anything I need to set up on the outside interface? All configuration Documentation that I can find is related to the IOS on the PIX, but not the 501 specifically. Can someone please help me with this? Oh ya, I'm on att broadband if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Gary

3 Replies 3

jmia
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Gary...

Is it possible that you can post your config ? also here is a good document to consider:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/28.html

HTH...

Jay

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your response. I cannot post the config right now because I am at work, but I can later today.

I undid everything so the pix is basically back to the out of box configuration with the exception of the address I have on the inside interface. I think it was 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 and now it's 192.168.60.1 255.255.255.0. Other than that I have changed nothing else. I hope this can help you to help me, frustration is setting in, but so far all my equipment is still in one piece.

Thanks

Gary

hey I am trying desparately to do the same thing as well at home. If you get some additional support or figure something out please post your working config, I will do the same. Keep on trucking on this one man dont let that Pix get you down :)

P.S. Do you have a static or a Dynamic Ip through your provider?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card