Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PIX 501 IPsec and PPTP passthrough

Hello,

I'm relatively new to Cisco and just recently purchased a Cisco PIX 501. I have looked at a lot of documentation regarding how to set this up but i am having trouble finding a solution that fits.

First i have a lot of internal clients that connect to outside client servers through VPN. I usually use Cisco VPN Concentrator (IPSec) and Microsoft VPN (PPTP).

I want to have 4 simultanious PPTP clients passing through the PIX, unfortunately with the PAT configuration i have (global (outside) 1 interface) set up that i have it will only allow for 1 connection at a time. I am using PPPoE DSL and am only recieving 1 IP from my ISP.

If anyone could aid me in any ACL statements, global NAT settings, or static settings that will help me achieve the goal it would be a great help. If a more detailed config printout is neccessary that can be provided. It's a pretty basic set up right now, with basic PAT settings,

EDIT: I have run the fixup PPTP and ESP-IKE as i am running Firmware 6.3(1) in this PIX. The IPSec passthrough is working, but i can still only get 1 PPTP connection through and i need at least 4. I am getting an error 651 from the Microsoft VPN client when i try to connect with a second connection.

Thanks in advance

Nick Massin

Administrator

Hunter Business Group

1 REPLY

Re: PIX 501 IPsec and PPTP passthrough

Nick,

Unfortunately this will not work! THe only supported PPTP passthru options are utilizing Fixup protocol pptp 1723 command when running PAT - as you are. One client only! Or statically assigning unique global IP's to each VPN client and allowing GRE and PPTP on the outside interface ACL. This will support as many clients as you have unique IP's for.

Sorry,

Owen Campbell

i-Tech Support

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content