cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 501 license limits and how to tell

orametrix
Level 1
Level 1

I have deployed a PIX-501-BUN-K9 which is limited to 10 users. I have recently deployed another PC. I am unable to browse the internet unless I reboot the pix. Is this an indication that I need to upgrade the license?

What commands can I run on the pix to verify or validate that I have reached the license limit?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

med_ddevlin
Level 1
Level 1

You can enter:

sh ver

or

sh activation-key

This will display your license that is installed on your PIX. Next to "Inside Hosts" you will see how many users license are available. You can upgrade by purchasing a 10 to 50 user license (PIX-501-SW-10-50=) for about $240 or 10 to unlimited (PIX-501-SW-10-UL=) for about $370.

To find out how many are currently in use you could enter "sho xlate count" which will state how many current translations are in use.

Please rate if this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

thebrom
Level 1
Level 1

If you have more than 10 devices connecting to the PIX then yes.

med_ddevlin
Level 1
Level 1

You can enter:

sh ver

or

sh activation-key

This will display your license that is installed on your PIX. Next to "Inside Hosts" you will see how many users license are available. You can upgrade by purchasing a 10 to 50 user license (PIX-501-SW-10-50=) for about $240 or 10 to unlimited (PIX-501-SW-10-UL=) for about $370.

To find out how many are currently in use you could enter "sho xlate count" which will state how many current translations are in use.

Please rate if this helps.

You can also type:

show local-host

This will tell you the current connection status.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card