cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 501 setup

glen741
Level 1
Level 1

My 501 is setup with EZVPN enabled. I can connect to hosts at the other end without a problem. What I need to be able to do is allow VPN connections to the 501 for 2 to 3 users (not necessarily simultaineous) and then allow them to connect to the corporate site through the EZVPN configuration.

There is a server on the inside network that these users could use to start a telnet session or start pcAnywhere to get to the corporate site.

If there is a better way to do this I'm open to suggestions. Yes, I'm quite new to all this configuration stuff. Any ideas, suggestions, or help is appreciated.

2 Replies 2

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Actually there's a feature called split tunneling that would enable you to do this if you have a VPN concentrator, not sure if this feature is supported on a pix though.

The whitepaper for the 501 says, "Supports both split and non-split tunneling environments". I found this under the heaing "Easy VPN Remote

(hardware VPN client)" so I wonder if the people coming into the PIX via software will work? I'll look into that furhter.

Thanks for your reply!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card