Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pix 501 to Linksys DSL Router

I recently sold a Pix 501 firewall and need to install it. As far as I can see there should not be any problems. I would like to know it there would be a problem that I'm not aware of using this combination or if there's something I need to look out for?

3 REPLIES

Re: Pix 501 to Linksys DSL Router

Hi,

What is the setup like? Can you give a bit more details so the design can be understood.

Regards,

Ron

The setup is: The Linksys router connected to the internet via it's wan port, the Pix 501 connected to the Linksys router's Lan port. Port 1 of the Pix 501 connected to the internal networks hub.

This set up will work fine. One suggestion though is to not do NAT with the PIX and have the DSL router do this so you not "doublenatting" so to speak if you are going to be making VPN client connections. The reason for this is because the Linksys actually has a PPTP and IPSEC passthrough that will work with the NAT as the PIX does not yet I believe as of there latest code. This might be irrelevant to you but usually these similar small SOHO solutions are there for VPN's into a corporate network. hope this helps

Joe

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content