cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 506 site-to-site VPN + Concentrator 3005 client VPN

rtzen
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have a site-to-site VPN setup using a PIX 506 on each of two networks.

We want VPN clients to connect to one network and have access to servers on both networks, so we're planning to add a Concentrator 3005 to one network, and have clients connect to that device. The PIXs will still handle the site-to-site. The idea is that traffic from the clients will come into one network and then be able to go through the PIX to get to the other network.

Has anybody done this? We hear it should be work, but I can't find any specific examples that confirm this.

Thanks,

-j

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Sure that should work. I can’t see any problems with that design. Just put your Concentrator in parallel with the PIX and not behind it.

I am in a similar position - can you please elaborate on the paralled VPN / PIX design. Where should I terminate the tunnel after it passes the edge router? I will really appreciate your suggestions on central site design with VPN concentrator, PIX and RADIUS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: