Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pix 506 VPN connections issues

We are using a pix 506 trying to establish a VPN to allow harddrive mapping and are experiencing multiple issues. I have 3 successful connections and several unsuccessful. The unsuccessful ones are:

1-win2000 machine, dsl, can get on the internet but when trying to get to the pix the remote peer is not available. cannot ping although can ping other internet machines

2-xp pro machine, dial-up, can vpn and connect to the pix, cannot ping once inside and therefore unable to map drive

3-xp pro machine, dial-up, can vpn and ping, cannot map a drive. cannot find drive.

4-xp pro machine, dial-up, can find the pix but cannot establish a secure connection.

any comments are appreciated. thanks.

3 REPLIES

Re: Pix 506 VPN connections issues

May be it could be a MTU issue, Try lowering the MTU with a utility called DR. TCP. The link is

below.

http://www.dslreports.com/front/drtcp.html

Cisco Employee

Hi,

1-win2000 machine, dsl, can get on the internet but when trying to get to the pix the remote peer is not available. cannot ping although can ping other internet machines

If the Win2000 is not able to make a connection to the Pix, run:

Debug crypto isakmp

Debug crypto ipsec on the pix

Logs from the client and look through them to see where the client is failing to make a connection.

2-xp pro machine, dial-up, can vpn and connect to the pix, cannot ping once inside and therefore unable to map drive

If the client is able to make a connection and not able to pass traffic, then check to see if the client is connecting from behind a PAT Device. Look at the statistics on the client side and also the encrypts/decrypts on the pix to see if the pix receives the packets.

3-xp pro machine, dial-up, can vpn and ping, cannot map a drive. cannot find drive.

If you can ping the internal ip addresses, then there is IP Connectivity. Regarding mapping a drive, you need to make sure that Wins server information is pushed to the client and also check and see if the client can ping the Wins server.

4-xp pro machine, dial-up, can find the pix but cannot establish a secure connection.

If the xp-pro is not able to make a connection to the Pix, run:

Debug crypto isakmp

Debug crypto ipsec on the pix

Logs from the client and look through them to see where the client is failing to make a connection.

Regards,

Arul

I have a similar problem. We have a PIX 515E installed that I cannot ping from a workstation on a dsl connection. I can ping other company VPN devices (but these are not PIX)

With the log viewer open I get the following error :-

1 11:34:50.882 02/14/03 Sev=Warning/3 DIALER/0xE3300015

GI VPN start callback failed "CM_CTCP_FAIL" (1Dh).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content