cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 506E-Mutliple Subnets-OpenVPN-Split Tunnel?

nabkhan01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

We are fixing to bring up a site to site vpn. I have two 506E's. Corp office is also running OpenVPN. The OpenVPN is used to connect 500 devices. The private subnet the OpenVPN uses is 10.8.0.0, which is separate from the 192.168.4.0 private subnet they are using for the servers and workstations. Now a branch office needs to be brought up. The OpenVPN solution needs to be moved to the branch office, with 12 users that will be separate from the OpenVPN subnet. May be in a 192.168.6.0 subnet. I don't want to tunnel the OpenVPN traffic back to the corporate office for it to go back out to the internet to hit the 500 devices. I want the openvpn subnet hit the internet directly from the pix506e. Basically, I want 192.168.6.0 traffic to go through the tunnel and the 10.8.0.0 traffic to go directly over the internet. Is this possible? If so how?, if not what are my options? Also, OpenVPN uses SSL, and CA. All devices have a public ip address in the 166. range, and internal ip range of 10.8.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 Reply 1

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

This is allowed by default with the split-tunnel list, as long as there are no filters defined on the VPN group, user ID, or interface that would prohibit the flow of traffic. By default, no filters are defined, so all traffic should pass to the protected network

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card