Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PIX 515 7.0(2) random reboots

I have this PIX running 7.0(2) that never stays up more tha three days. Sometimes it reboots after a couple of hours and sometimes a few days.

I haven't seen any correlation of the reboots with anything else. Our max CPU utilization is 4-5%, we have two site-to-site tunnels and an average of 10 client tunnels.

I don't think this is a configuration-related issue but I think it has to do with the Firmware itself.

Is anyone else experiencing this same problem? Is Cisco doing anything about it?

(our old Windows2000-based server was much more reliable than PIX) :-(

Thanks.

2 REPLIES

Re: PIX 515 7.0(2) random reboots

I think the way you need to go around the issue is to collect tracebacks. These are the instructions.

Plug a computer directly connected to the Monitor Port with the RS232 cable and open a hypertrm window when the computer reboots it will generate tracebacks of the reboot. Copy those tracebacks and send them to TAC so that they can analyze the data and perhaps provide you with a resolution for your case.

Good luck

Re: PIX 515 7.0(2) random reboots

I already did a "show crashinfo" and give the output to TAC to analyze and they can't come up with anything strange.

Views
Helpful
Replies