cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 515-E Configuration for two (or more) outside networks

Lutz
Level 1
Level 1

Would like to know if anyone has tried to setup a PIX with more than one outside (ISP) interface. Is it possible to setup a PIX 515-E with 6 fast ethernet interfaces where 4 intrfaces are used for inside and DMZ networks (private IP addressing) and the other 2 interfaces are used to connect via separate routers (and the associated separate public IP addressed networks.. possibly separate ISPs or at least separate routing structure to each of the PIX's external interfaces)???

1 Reply 1

apriore685
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure if this is true, but I would think by nature of the pix that there can only be ONE outside since it has the lowest security rating. Everything else is considered inside to that interface. I would guess that if you had users on lets say DMZ3 that group could be routed to the second ISP. You would give that interface a Nat and a Global command and route there traffic. So I guess what I am saying is yes I think that is possible. If you happen to do this I would love to know if it worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card