Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

pix 515 failover problems

I have a PIX515 UR and have problems with it trying to failover. It is not in a failover configuration and has no failover cable attached. It's been fine and started acting up after applieing the 3DES/AES license. The config has "no failover". The PIX will quit responding and I have to type "failover active" at the console to get it to work for a while. Software is 6.3.3.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Patrick

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: pix 515 failover problems

no failover means no failover. If you don't have a second unit, you can't do failover. The secondary unit, if someone attempts to use it in production, will reboot every hour, IIRC - that is the limitation of the failover license set. Are you sure that that unit is a UR license?

Can you post a show ver, and show run?

Re: pix 515 failover problems

I have a secondary unit as an active machine without rebooting for 17 days (see my previous post). The failover cable is not attached to this secondary unit, but it is still run as an active machine. Very strange, the PIX version is 6.3.1 . Is there any change from version 6.2.x ???

Views
Helpful
Replies