Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Pix 515 keeps rebooting

Cisco Secure PIX Firewall BIOS (4.0) #0: Thu Mar 2 22:59:20 PST 2000

Platform PIX-515

Flash=i28F640J5 @ 0x300

Use BREAK or ESC to interrupt flash boot.

Use SPACE to begin flash boot immediately.

Reading 1921536 bytes of image from flash.

################################################################################

##########################

imgsum_config: sumval(0x6b98) md5(0xd45adef8 0x45503aaa 0x60575b97 0xd0419fca)

imgsum_verify: chksum(0x0 ) md5(0xc52e79f3 0x0098ea4b 0xc91a4949 0x1087e133)

Checksum verification on uncompressed PIX image failed.

Rebooting....

If i go into monitor mode it does not reboot. I try to tftp the new image on it but when i try to ping the tftp server when connected to the pix using console i only a 20% success rate. If i try to ping again i get zero success rate. If i shut down the pix and then start it again i get a 20% success rate the first time and zero success rate on subsequent pings. I tried both inside and outside interfaces with the exact same results. I confirm that the network connection is fine. I have been working on this for a long time. I hope someone can help me resolve this problem.

Thanks for any help

Lake

2 REPLIES

Re: Pix 515 keeps rebooting

The Boothelper installation only supports PIX Firewall Version 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.0, and later. After Boothelper downloads the PIX Firewall image via TFTP, it verifies the checksum of the image. If it is not Version 5.1 or later, it displays the message "Checksum verification on flash image failed" and reboots the PIX Firewall

Re: Pix 515 keeps rebooting

Thanks for for your help but this pix is a 515 and it was running 631 software. Since it's a 515 i couldn't use the boot helper because it dosn't have a floppy drive.

I swapped memory on this pix using 32mg from a failover unit but i keep getting the same error. I got the erasedisk611.bin which i used to erase the flash. I uploaded both the os to 622 and 634 but i still keep getting the same error. I believe that the flash might be bad. I would like to know if there is any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Lake

Views
Helpful
Replies