cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 515 PDM & Pix software upgrade

gjeff80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.. I just started at my company, and their PIX 515 was setup by an outside consultant. I think it has been in place for a year or 2. I wasn't sure if the software on the PIX should be upgrade or not, it is currently running PIX version 6.1(1), and PDM version 1.0(2). I was wondering if I should upgrade these to the newest version, and if so how do I go about doing it. It doesn't seem to be the same simple process of download the files from Cisco, it tells me I need to login w/ a special account to download...

What is the trick to upgrade these, and will I have to re-activate the PIX? Sorry for the stupid questions, I'm new to the PIX...

Thanks,

Glenn

5 Replies 5

tvanginneken
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

have a look at this URL:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/upgrade.shtml

Do you have the right permissions to download the pix software? You need to be a cisco partner for this, or you need a smartnet support contract.

Kind Regards,

Tom

Tom,

I don't think I have the right permissions to download the pix software. My question is, how come you can't simply download updates for the pix? How would we go about upgrading the software on this, we have to call back the consultant to perform the upgrade? I'm just curious why they don't let the end user download the updated software like they do some of their other devices? How do you go about find if you have a smartnet support contract? Like I said this was all setup by an outside consultant, would we have to try contacting him?

Thanks

Glenn

Hi,

maybe you can find out where your company bought the pix en ask them I your company also bought a smartnet contract with it.

Maybe it's also possible to call the TAC and see if the serialnumber of the pix is in their support database.

Kind Regards,

Tom

Tom would you know the telephone number or website to TAC? What does TAC stand for exactly?

Glenn

Hi,

have a look at this URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/index.html

TAC=Technical Assistance Center

Kind Regards,

Tom

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card