cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 515 UR & 4 ports Ethernet card

bdube
Level 2
Level 2

In the configurator, it's possible to buy a 4 ports Ethernet card. With the bundle includind 2 ports, this give us 6 ports. Is it possible to use all those ports since in the doc, it's indicated only 3 ports. Which answer is right? (3 ports or 6 ports)

And if it's only 3 ports, why is it possible to configure a system with up to 6 ports.

Benoit

3 Replies 3

m.lestoquoy
Level 1
Level 1

With the UR (unrestricted) the Pix can manage 6 ports

With the R (restricted) the Pix can handle 3 ports

Michael

jscinocca
Level 1
Level 1

Actually get this all...

It is possible to get everything to working on the 515 without any restrictions.

Wipe the config, place 6.x on it, with the free 56-bit encryption license. which gives VPN, unlimited connections, and 6 interfaces, on each

Have fun,

I am running currently four on each :)

titansae
Level 1
Level 1

PIX 515 Unrestricted (UR) will support max. of 6 interfaces. The PIX 515 Restricted will support up to 3 interfaces only. I hope that help.

Also, I just want to know if any can tell me the difference between the pix-1fe and an Intel Pro 100 + management NIC. Can I use the Intel Pro 100 + Management NIC with the PIX 515/520/535? Thanks all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card