Helpful
Replies

PIX-515

tyagivijay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having a query about PIX-515 :--

My PIX ethernet0(outside interface) ip address is 15.15.15.1(Private IP)

& Ethernet1(inside interface) ip address is 210.7.75.96(Public IP) , now my problem is that I want to set up Remote access VPN , so can I canfigure my PIX that the users from outside can authenticate on the Inside Interface(ethernet1) insted of Outside Interface(Ethernt0) ???

Please suggest the solution.

2 Replies 2

sampathsr
Level 1
Level 1

May be I am not getting this right. May be the examples you have used are mere examples and not to be taken literally! ie when you say 15.15.15.1 you are actually referring to the RFC 1918 address space (10.x, 172.16, and 192.168), and that the 'outside' of the PIX is connected to an Internet router which has the proper IP route commands etc.

Having said that, as long as you can ensure there is routability to this 'inside' interface, I dont see a problem why your remote users cannot get authenticated (VPN tunnel terminated?) on the 'inside' interface of the PIX.

So, what is your concern?

Best regards / Sampath.

Srengarajan@att.com

ywadhavk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just curious as to why you want to terminate the VPN tunnel on the inside?

But as per the last post, if the inside address is routable, you can do that.

Thanks,

yatin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: