Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Pix 515E and tftp time out error.

Hi

I have to pix 515E vers. 6.3 (3) with same software, hardware and configuration. One of the pix is connected to the network and I use other one as cold redundant. First I backup the configuration from working pix to a tftp server. Than I connect to my other pix and try to upload the configuration (from working pix) I get this error message ?tftp time out error?. What is going wrong?

Tanks in advance

2 REPLIES

Re: Pix 515E and tftp time out error.

How are you trying to accomplish this?

The PIX cannot act as a tftp server - only as a client. If you are trying to get the configuration from the tftp server to which you backed it up it looks like a connectivity problem. Is it possible for you to ping the tftp server from the backup pix?

Re: Pix 515E and tftp time out error.

Hi dear

Tanks for your reply and i found out why i get that error message. because when i was tranfering the config file, the firewall gets the wrong ip address from config file. Ip add. fron config file was differnet than temporary ip address i have given to the pix. I resolved the problem.. Taks any way.

Views
Helpful
Replies