Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 515e Interface Card Problem

Phoungsakdavin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Normally, they use only two ports as External and Internal Interfaces. Now they are using PIX-4FE-66 to get extra 4 interfaces card for Servers Farm.

The problem is the new 4 interfaces do not function or work properly. We cannot access or ping to the Servers even ping to the 4 Interfaces. Meaning that I cannot ping from the PC in the Internal interface to its gateway (Ethernet2, 3, 4, 5), but Ethernet0, 1.

I have noticed that when I do a ping from Internal PC to Ethernet 0, 1, and add debug icmp trace command, I got the reply message in the pix, but if I ping to the 4 interfaces, no debug message appear. But when I show interface, I see the packets input is increased in each interface.

Note: I have installed the card to my new Pix 515e for testing, but still get the same problem.

I would appreciated with any feedback and solutions.

Regards,

VIN

2 Replies 2

a.kiprawih
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Just a quick check... is your 515E running UR license?

Have you enable all 4 interfaces? Can you ping (from PIX itself) ip addresses assigned to the interfaces?

rgds

AK

Hello,

Yes, The Pix 515E is running UR license. The 4 interfaces have been eable as shown in the attached file. I also can ping from Pix itself to every Pix's interfaces. But I can also ping from my pc to Built-in interface(Ethernet0,Ethernet1), but the 4 interfaces card)

Regards,

VIN

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card