Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PIX 515e IOS 6.3(3). Problems with VPN clients. Stop serving randomly.

Hi guys, i was hoping to could get some help with this issue i am having with our PIX firewall. Currently my users are using the PIX firewall as a VPN server and every so often (about once a month) i have to reboot the PIX firewall because our VPN clients can no longer connect. Everything else works just fine, just looks like the VPN service hangs up. After rebooting, PIX can accept clients without a problem until about a month later. Is there anyway to fix this? IOS update? We are currently using PIX 515e with 6.3(3) IOS. All my users are using either Windows XP or 2000. I am using PPTP VPN. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY

Re: PIX 515e IOS 6.3(3). Problems with VPN clients. Stop serving

I have been running the same level of OS , but not had this problem. I have had a problem where users could not connect, this was usually after they had not terminated their VPN connection cleanly.so the Pix thinks still logged in so when they try again it fails. This might be your problem. when you get your problem do a "sh uauth" command on the PIX to see who is logged in if that usser is still ogged in then you can do a clear uauth [user], then get them to try again

HTH

Richard.

Views
Helpful
Replies