Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PIX 515E Suddenly Dropping VPN Connections- Need Troubleshooting Tips/Adv

Hi All- I've got a PIX 515e that acts also as our main VPN server (local authentication group, etc). This thing has been solid for almost a year. No config changes, no nothing. In the past week it's suddenly started acting bizarre, throwing people off the VPN (we use the Cisco 3.6 VPN client), choaking the Internet connection (we have a full T) despite the CPU utilization appears fine, nothing noticeable shows in the logs and the max connections I'm seen is about 250 at my peak period. 64 MBs of ram on the box, etc.

I've inherited this thing from someone who was much more of a PIX admin than I am so I'll take any ideas, how to's, etc. I won't be insulted with the 101 type stuff if it helps me get to the root of the issue.

By the way, I'm using 6.1.3 for the PDM which I upgraded to about a month ago.

Thanks- David

1 REPLY

Re: PIX 515E Suddenly Dropping VPN Connections- Need Troubleshoo

Not sure if this will help but I had the same situation happen with my PIX 515E. It was also dropping VPN connections and slowed traffic.

I discovered the culprit was the "fragment " command which I had applied along with some other security settings. I turned it off and everything worked fine again. I need to learn more about that command before I try it again.

Views
Helpful
Replies