cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 515E to ASA5510 conversion

rpw5354
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a 515E PIX and I just purchased a ASA5510 box. Can I cut and paste the running configuration statements from the 515 into the ASA5510. The 515 is running version 6.3 and the 5510 is running 7.02? Thank you for your time!

3 Replies 3

sebastan_bach
Level 4
Level 4

hi first of all there are moajor command line changes in the new ios which the asa uses . it will convert all fixup commands to MPF commands and so . but while converting aaa commands it might not do ir right same goes with the vpn. it's better u reconfigure the new ios . it's easy incase u have any doubts in configuring write back .hope this helps

sebastan

Hello,

I've upgraded four pix 515's to the 7.0 code. I have not had issues except for a small amount of clean up.

Patrick

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

the codes are quite different, thus copy and paste directly from pix v6.x to asa will not work.

assuming you prefer not to manually play with the codes. you can upgrade the pix to v7, and part of the upgrade is to modify the codes to suit v7 automatically.

you may even test the new config with pix making sure it works, then copy and paste from pix v7 to asa.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card