Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PIX 515R problems after software upgrade.

I recently upgraded my PIX from 6.1 to 6.3 and upgraded the PDM. The PIX ran fine for a week and then just stopped passing traffic and could not be polled or connected too. After a restart the PIX will work. This has happened several times sometimes it will go a week, yesterday it failed twice within 15 minutes. Today it seems fine. I have a TAC opened. I just wondered if anyone had seen this before.

The console is responsive during the problem also both interfaces sho as being up from the connected devices.

2 REPLIES

Re: PIX 515R problems after software upgrade.

Hello,

I've had this problem in 6.3.1 but not the following versions 6.3.4 or 6.3.5. I've also had this problem in any rooms that seem to be rather warm with some of the 506's and 501's mind you this wasn't a hot room but warm about 100 degrees or so.

Patrick

Please rate any posts that are helpful.

Re: PIX 515R problems after software upgrade.

I am having a simular problem. I had to replace a pix. It was sent to me with version 6.1 I upgraded it to 6.3 and with in 24 hours it stopped all traffic in and out. Sometimes this can happen very often other times it may be a week or so between events. I have an open tac case but they have not been able to help. After reading the issue about temp I checked my pix it is not warm but it was sitting on a flat surface that could be blocking the exit fan. I rasied it up and will keep an eye on it.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content