Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIX 520 Failover - S/W ver and licence

Hi

Recently I noticed that my setup with two pix 520 in failover is not functioning. (s/w 5.1(4). cable based failover).

Looking at "show ver" on both pix i found that one of the pix (primary at present) has VPN DES-3DES Enabled where as in Standby unit only VPN-DES is enabled. Can this be a cause of failover problem??

(there is no 3DES implementaion in the config). Is there any way to overcome that problem?

This system are in place since last 4 years. And there was some shifting of location in between. We had also upgraded the software version in between. But as far i know we are using same activation key.

Please suggest solutions

Thanks and regards

Rakesh

======

2 REPLIES

Re: PIX 520 Failover - S/W ver and licence

Rakesh,

No, the feature license issues you ointed out would not prevent failover from working. It would be a good idea to make sure you have the same features enabled on both devices (especially if using 3DES) in case a failover did occur to prevent an outage. You can register the stand-by PIX to receive a free 3DES license here:

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Software/FormManager/formgenerator.pl

As for the failover issues, can you elaborate a bit more on what is going on? What exactly is not working?

Scott

Re: PIX 520 Failover - S/W ver and licence

Thanks Scott for the info. After u said the feature licence issue does not matter.. i closely looked at the configuration and found, the standby ip addresses were defined without mask. And thus it was failing.

Now both units are insync and failover is active.

thanks and regards

rakesh

======

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content