cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 525 access-list

David.Bell
Level 1
Level 1

I know this should be simple, however, I'm having some difficulty making this work. I'm using version 5.3

I'm trying to block access to the internet to 172.16.39.X. Anything on this network should NOT be able to access the internet.

I'm using the access-list and access-group commands but I must have some syntax errors or something as it doesn't appear to be blocking access. COuld someone provide a practical syntax for this address with subnet 255.255.255.0 so I can see if perhaps I'm simply making an error in the entry. I'm new to PIX so I wouldn't be terribly surprised.

Thanks,

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rais
Level 7
Level 7

You can do this in multiple ways:

1. You can exclude this range from your NAT. This will not allow this range to go out to the internet.

2. On your inside interface, apply this rule:

access-list insideACL deny ip 172.16.39.0 255.255.255.0 any

access-list insideACL permit ip any any

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

rais
Level 7
Level 7

You can do this in multiple ways:

1. You can exclude this range from your NAT. This will not allow this range to go out to the internet.

2. On your inside interface, apply this rule:

access-list insideACL deny ip 172.16.39.0 255.255.255.0 any

access-list insideACL permit ip any any

Hope this helps.

rais,

Thanks for your input! This resolved the problem and I can now move forward with the required configurations.

Thanks again,

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card