Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 525 and temperature.

johnleeee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have very interesting question related to PIX 525. We have sometimes problems with temperature in our servers room and each time temperature rises over 30 C our PIX starts block every traffic and we cannot connect to it via SSH and console too. So we have to restart it and after that things go OK. Could someone help us any solution to monitor temperature in our PIX?

Any idea?

BR

jl

2 Replies 2

mmorris11
Level 4
Level 4

John,

If the ambient temperature in your datacenter is getting that high, then I must say that you should work to improve the evironmental conditions in your datacenter. If the ambient temp is measured to be 30 degrees celsius then it is surely much higher inside the racks and chassis of your equipment. We us an eveiromental management system from APC http://www.apcc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=335

There are other vendors to consider, of course. I recommend this because it is the best way to provide OOB monitoring of all of your datacenter equipment and not just the PIX. And it will help you monitor other enviromental conditions such as moisture and seismic activity or other sources of vibration. We have also integrated our EMS with our physical security to provide a total solution.

HTH

pls rate!

Hi,

thanks for answer. I would like to monitor temperature directly from PIX. Maybe through SNMP.

Know anyone right branch in MIBs?

Any suggestions?

BR

jl

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card