Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Pix 525 Block internal computers

Hello....very new to using the Pix 525. I would like to block a range of private ip address within my private network blocking them from going to the interenet. I work for a school and have virtual networks setup with private ip addresses for each building. I have labs in some of these buildings and want to be able to block internet access to these labs and then turn them back on at a later date. How would I be able to do this. Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES

Re: Pix 525 Block internal computers

You can limit use with the "nat" command or with access-lists. Either one will work, how you would do it will depend on how your IP addressing is setup internally.

Okay....I have an outside and inside interface on the pix would. I create an access list for the inside interface to deny a particular host to the outside interface? Again I apologize if I sound uneducated on this question. Thanks...

using the access list would be a little more difficult. If these ips you want to block are on a different subnet than your other users then just dont include them in any static or nat (#) commands. or you can do nat 0 if they are a private ip that way they are not natted and cannot get out to the internet

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content