Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Pix 535 maximum interfaces

Hi, am running V 6.3.5 and have a total of 24 maximum interfaces on my Pix, and are currently using 15 of them. If I upgrade to V7, does that maximum number increase ???? I have looked for doco on the maximum under V7 but cannot locate anything.

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: Pix 535 maximum interfaces

Hi,

It was my understanding that a PIX 535 with a restricted license could have a total of 10: 8 physical, 50 logical whereas an unrestricted license could have 24 total: 10 physical, 150 logical.

This doesn't increase with upgrading to v 7.x, I believe. The license limitation stays the same.

Hope this helps,

Glen

thanks, your maths does not add up.

I have an unrestricted license, and 24 is currently the limit of int's, of course I do not have that many physical. The max interfaces is a representation of total logical and physical interfaces allowed.

I have upgraded a 515 and got a larger count on max interfaces, so am sure it does, just cannot find doco :(

Sorry, you could be right. I was using the SNPA book as a reference, which has been partially contradicted in regards to total physical interfaces by this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_data_sheet09186a00800b0d85.html

However the SPNA book also states: "The maximum number of logical interfaces that you can use is equal to the total number of interfaces minus the total number of physical interfaces that you currently have configured", which I think is ambiguous at best.

I'm pretty sure it means total number of interfaces minus those interfaces configured with addresses without sub-interfaces.

However, in regards to your initial question, I thought that you wouldnt get an increase in interfaces by default, however I could be wrong. As you said, there isnt much documentation on this question.

Good luck,

Glen

This is from a PIX535 UR I upgraded to 7.2(1):

Maximum Physical Interfaces : 14

Maximum VLANs : 150

Views
Helpful
Replies