Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PIX-535 stopped forwarding traffic

I'm digging through the bug lists, but wanted to post here to see if anyone has had a similar problem. I have a pix-535 (PIX ios 6.3(1), PDM 3.0(0)141) that has stopped forwarding traffic twice now. The interfaces (6 physical and 12 logical) still appear to be up, but they don't forward traffic. I can't ping the interface for my vlan when this happens. Also, attempts to access the firewall via the console during these outages fail. I have to power cycle the pix to restore connectivity. Logs indicate nothing, other than a gap in syslog messages while the pix goes down and comes back up. Processor utilization is very low - around 1%. Interface utilization varies, but never reaches critical levels. Any similar experiences or ideas??

Thanks,

Rich

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: PIX-535 stopped forwarding traffic

Do you have failover configured on your PIX. If yes, then you are probably facing the problem similar to that documented as bug CSCdt06447. Basically the problem has to do with running out of memory. As per the release notes, the bug has been fixed and version 6.3 should not be facing this problem. All the same, do have a look at the bug.

Views
Helpful
Replies