cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 6.0(1) - Anyone install it yet?

robhorniachek
Level 1
Level 1

Just curious to know if anyone has installed PIX 6.0(1) yet, and if there are any issues/problems/concerns with it at this early date...???

Rob

6 Replies 6

dbuskirk
Level 1
Level 1

Rob- Our SE installed it on Friday and LOVES it. It's about time the Product Managers finally realized that *not* having a GUI Interface was a bad bad marketing idea. (Only took them a couple of years). So now we as a reseller can go head to head against Checkpoint because the CLI was a major turn-off for the not-so-compitent end user bases out there. Good stuff... Hightly recommend!

stevedoyle
Level 1
Level 1

Installed 6.0(1) at the end of last week. No problems observed yet.

colegul
Level 1
Level 1

Installed it 2 weeks ago.Looks fine so far, didn't see any issues. Liked very much the PDM; too bad it lacks IPSec support. As the comparison with CheckPoint goes, it's almost there. Well done Cisco!

s.vidanovic
Level 1
Level 1

Installed two weeks ago, and also installed PDM, everything works fine. Can you believe it? When you configure the PIX from the GUI, it produces EXACTLY the commands that you want, and does not produce garbage like CSPM :))) PDM does not speak IPSec, and this is ONLY thing that is missing. It is mucj better in comparing to Checkpoint.

I am about to install the PIX 6.0. One question , i heard that PIX 6.0 supports PAT( port address translation). By which i mean , If I have PIX as my VPN server i.e all my clients terminating on the PIX outside interface. and then using VPN new client 3.0 and that user coming from a PAT address ( one -multiple ip mapping). Is this supported on PIX 6.0 , I know VPN concentrator 3000 supports it.

I am using it successfully since 6.0 beta. I use it with site-to-site, site-to-client and port mapping for my web server behind firewall.

Sam Munzani

CCIE # 6479

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card