cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 6.0 w/PDM and Microsoft CA

timtron
Level 1
Level 1

I had my PIX 515 FO setup with the PDM. I enrolled the primary with our internal Microsoft CA. Now my PDM doesn't work. The standby unit doesn't have a Cert and it's PDM still works. Anybody else had this problem or any suggestions.

5 Replies 5

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

When PDM started, it should have prompted you to accept or reject a security certificate. What version of PIX are you using? You might ask TAC about this, but please come back and post what they did. I’m curious if I’ll ever run into that.

iraira
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar problem. Pix 525 FO sw 6.0.1 and PDM 1.0.2. PDM only works on primary unit, but not ons secondary. I requested 2 different keys for eahc pix.

I have posted a message on ontehr discussion related to pis&pdm.

Also open a Q&A on TAC, but there are no results at the moment.

Please if you have any idea or suggestion post it, I'm very interested.

This weekemd, we installed similar scenario but with PIX 515 soft version 6.0.1 and PDM 1.0.1.

Results were the same, the only available unit for configuraton and monitoring with PDM is the

primarry one.

Is anybody experiencing the same result?

Yes, I have the exact same result. Don't have solution.

Yes, there is a solution.

The clue is to clen up all config in secondary router and restart it with no config. You will be prompted to enter inside ip, enable password, client ip for PDM and domain. Then run client request to box. A notice appears indicating this will be the first time PDM is run on pix.

It seems that PDM must be run on each pix (in failover scenario) before configuring anything.

Check Cisco TAC C051062

Good luck ......Iñaki

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: