Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PIX 6.1.1 websense long-url bug workaround

I have a PIX 515 running OS 6.1.1. It is setup to use a websense server on the internal lan for URL filtering. Whenever a user attempts to access a very long URL such as those created by mapquest and travelocity (and many other site) the site times out. When the user clicks refresh the site immediately comes up properly. This happens for every long URL of around 1500 characters.

According to BUG CSCdt17577 & CSCdu39312 this is a known issue. The bug report says that it is first fixed in 6.1.1 which is what I am running. It says that there is a workaround to "Introduce the new keyword "long-url" which let bypass the

url filtering if the URL is too long."

I can't find any information about how to use this "long-url" feature to rid myself of this problem. Does anyone else use websense and have this problem? Does anyone know how to use this "long-url" keyword? I put in several exception lines as they suggested, but users seem to come up with new sites every day so I would like to have a more general solution.

Thanks,

Josh

jkrueger@bcsc.com

CCNP

1 REPLY

Re: PIX 6.1.1 websense long-url bug workaround

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (http://www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Views
Helpful
Replies