cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 7.0 failover

saolub
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a PIX-UR 7.02 firewall with active/active license and a PIX-FO 7.02 with an active/standby license. when configured for failover both boxes show up the active light, when I power down the active traffic does not flow.

I feel I need to make the UR an active/stanby license.

Pls help

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

do find the requirement for sucessful failover operation.

Failover (FO)

• Designed for use in conjunction with a similar Cisco PIX Security Appliance model that has an Unrestricted license, providing a cost-effective, Active/Standby high-availability solution.

• Provides the same capabilities as the Unrestricted license, except the Failover license does not support Active/Active failover. Requires presence of similar Cisco PIX Security Appliance model with an Unrestricted license to operate properly.

Failover-Active/Active (FO-A/A)

• Designed for use in conjunction with a similar Cisco PIX Security Appliance that has an Unrestricted license, providing a scalable Active/Active high-availability solution (with support for Active/Standby failover as well).

• Provides the same capabilities as the Unrestricted license. Requires presence of similar Cisco PIX Security Appliance model with an Unrestricted license to operate properly.

for more info on the same do refer this link ..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_data_sheet09186a00800b0d85.html

regds

Hi , thanks.

the details of the 2 boxes are:

1. PIX-UR with active/active license and the PIX-FO has an Active/standby license

2. when configured for stateful failover the PIX-Ur is active, after some seconds the PIX-FO status light also becomes active and the 2 boxes indicate active.

3. when the PIX-UR is disconected the PIX-Fo replies to the ping packets but does not allow traffic to flow

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card