Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PIX 7.04 and OSPF

I would like to convert a RIP environment on one side of a PIX to OSPF, with the goal of improving re-convergence time between routers and PIX. Upon first configuration of OSPF on PIX and Router, I cannot get the OSPF Adj to go to Full. It appears to be hung in an EXSTART state. I must be missing something simple. Any config examples would be a big help.

• Other Security Subjects
2 REPLIES
Purple

Re: PIX 7.04 and OSPF

Hi,

One of the common reasons this will happen is when the IP MTU on the two sides is different. Try setting them to be the same value..

Hope that helps - pls do remember to rate posts that help.

Paresh

Re: PIX 7.04 and OSPF

Hi,

I did experienced t same issue last time, but with FWSM. My OSPF status was stucked in the same EXSTART state.

It was due to the fragment size of my outside interface, which by default should be -> Size: 200, Chain: 24. But the size was reduce to < 200.

When I set it back to 200, then the ospf status change to Full.

I am not sure if this is related, but pls check your fragment status using "show fragment" command. All interfaces must have similar figure (as shown above).

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

AK

Views
Helpful
Replies